Surface Strengthening and Support
Key factors to consider in limiting unstable mass displacement. With these problems, it is crucial that the mesh system selected provides high resistance with minimal deflection in order to limit the displacement of the unstable surface rock mass (typically 1-1.5m3). Important factors include:
– the stiffness or rigidity of the facing mesh
– the forces transmitted to the anchors
– the ease of installation of the mesh system
Maccaferri selection of products. Our range of high strength mesh systems are highly durable surface stabilisation and rockfall protection products with a range of stiffnesses, strength (up to 300kN/m) and corrosion protection options.
– HEA Panels – high stiffness/strength steel cable panels
– Steelgrid® HR – high resistance double twist mesh reinforced with high tensile steel cables
– Rockfall protection mesh – double twist hexagonal rockfall protection mesh
Other available solutions. For global stability issues, we offer a range of other solutions (soil nailing, deep anchors etc.) to complement these surface meshes.
Meeting the highest standards of design and testing. Our mesh systems are designed and tested in accordance to the highest standards to ensure they offer the best performance whilst remaining quick and simple to install. This provides both Client and Designer an optimal balance of value and engineering.
Selecting the most appropriate solution. We provide our clients with our comprehensive technical advice to support the project at all stages. Our MacRO software assists designers in selecting the most appropriate surface stabilisation solution for their slopes.